Special thanks to ANJANA CHATURVEDI FOR THE LIPSMACKING RECIPE!!
- mangoes -500 gms *
- -500 gms
- -2 tbls
- Chilli powder -1.5 t.s
- -1 t.s
- -1 t.s
- Fennel seeds(saunf) - 1.5 t.s
- Cardamom powder-a pinch of (optional)
- -1/2 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Wash and peel raw mangoes and slice into long pieces.then weigh it ( amount of sugar should be equal to the weight of peeled mango slices,but you can reduce the amount of sugar if you want to make it little sour)
- Heat oil in a pan, add fenugreek ,mustard and fennel seeds.
- When become golden add slices, turmeric and salt.mix well.
- Cover and cook on for approx 5-7 minutes or till cooked.(don't overcook and don't add water)
- Add sugar and chilli powder ,mix and cook on low heat (without lid) for approx. 10 minutes.
- When gravy thickens it's ready to serve.now add a pinch of caradamom powder and mix.
- in a jar ,when cool down completly.