Phirn is a very popular Punjabi dessert!! You can also call this ground rice pudding!! This dessert is always served chilled !!
1 ltr milk
1/4 cup soaked basmati rice
3/4 cup sugar
5-6 saffron strands soaked in milk
1 tsp cardamom powder
2 tblsp blanched almonds n pistas
- Wash and grind rice into little coarse paste (like sooji/rava) and keep aside
- In a heavy bottomed pan boil milk for 15 to 20 minutes
- Add ground rice and cook for 10 minutes ,stirring continuously
- Add sugar and cook for 5 minutes
- Garnish with saffron,cardamom powder,pista and almonds chopped
- Refrigerate it for 1-2 hrs
- Serve chilled.