Brinjal is called Gulla in Konkani !!This variety of brinjal is called Matti gulla! Matti is a small village near Udupi district in Karnataka , and it is very famous for this variety of brinjal .
4 tsp oil
3 red chillies
8-10 garlic cloves crushed
Salt to taste
- Cut the brinjals into medium pieces and put in water
- Add 2 tsp salt in it ,otherwise it will become brown
- Cut the drumsticks into 2 inches pieces and remove its skin and wash
- In a non stick pan heat oil and put crushed garlic and fry till light brown in colour
- Add broken red chillies and fry for a minute
- Remove brinjal and drumsticks from the water and add to the tempering
- Put 1/2 cup water and salt to taste
- Cook with a covered lid till it is cooked well and water is evaporated
- Serve hot with riceand dal !!
- You can use mustard instead of garlic !!