1 cup tender cashews
2 medium sized boiled potatoes
3 tsp coconut oil
generous amount of asafoetida/ hing
Salt to taste
FOR THE MASALA:
1 cup grated fresh coconut
4-5 dry red chillies roasted in 1/2 tsp oil
Dry the above ingredients into a fine paste and keep
- Soak the tender cashews in water for 3-4 hrs and peel them
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes
- Transfer both cashew and potato in a vessel,add salt, hing, masala paste ,water to adjust the consistency
- Make it boil for 10 mins,add coconut oil and cook for 5 mins and switch off the gas
- Serve hot with rice and dal or shevai!!
Note: You can prepare this with only potatoes or prawns too !!