250 gms okra/ bhindi/lady's fingers
2 tsp +4 tsp oil
5 crushed garlic cloves
2 onions sliced
1 chopped tomato
2 tsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp crushed pepper
Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the ends of bhindi, Wipe it and cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and roast the bhindis wih little salt till it is cooked
- Remove from the pan keep aside
- In the same pan put the 4 tsp oil,add crushed garlic,chopped onion and fry till transparent
- Add chopped tomato and fry till it becomes mushy
- Add bhindis,salt to taste and crushed pepper and give a nice stir and your Lebanese okra is ready to eat
- Serve hot with rotis!!
- In the original recipe chef had deep fried the bhindis!!