Special thanks to my favourite chef Sanjeev Kapoor ji for this wonderful prawn pulav recipe !!
1 cup cleaned and deveined prawns
2 cups basmati rice soaked in water for 30 mins
1 cup coconut milk
2 tblsp oil
1 bay leaf
1 inch cinnamon
1 tblsp ginger garlic n green chilli paste
1 onion chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric pdr
3 tsp red chilli pdr
1 chopped tomato
2 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a non stick pan,add bay leaf,cloves, peppercorns,cinnamon and saute till fragrant
- Add ginger garlic-green chilli paste,mix and saute for one minute
- Add onion and saute till it turns translucent
- Take prawns in a bowl ,add salt,turmeric pdr,and red chilli pdr ,mix well and set aside
- Add tomato chopped to the wok,mix and saute until it turns soft.
- Drain rice and add ,mix well and cook on high heat for a minute
- Add marinated prawns and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and mix again,add 2 1/2 cups of water salt and mix
- Cover and cook till all the water evaporates and rice gets cooked
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with raita !!!