Pejje poLo is one of the most authentic dosa made by Konkanis..This is little thick dosa with the flavour of cumin seeds/ jeera..Tastes yummy with coconut chutnety..Thanks to my cousin Prabha Vaman Bhat for this recipe !!!
1 cup dosa rice/ raw rice
1/2 cup urad dal/ deskinned split black gram
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking dosa
Chutney for serving
- Soak rice,urad dal in water for 5-6 hrs
- Wash well and grind in the mixer into a little coarse batter
- Add jeera, salt and blend for a few seconds more
- Take in a deep bowl and keep covered in a warm place for 8hrs or overnight for fermentation
- Heat a pan and pour a laddle or two of the batter and spread alightly to make thick dosa
- Cover and cook for 2 mins or till the top surface of dosa looks cooked
- Drizzle oil over the sides and flip the dosa and cook the other side till it becomes light brown
- Serve hot with coconut chutney!!!