Saarupkari is a very popular,typical Konkani dish..This is a very simple ,tasty dish tempered with lots of crushed garlic and broken red chillies..Here I have used Alsande bee that is black eyed beans/ Alasande kaalu/lobhiya...You can also use tingalavare/ white navy beans,green peas,moong,horse gram,rajma or Chana/ chick peas ...This goes well with hot rice !!!
2 cups black eyed beans/lobhiya/ alsadne bee
2 pods crushed garlic
2 slit green chillies
6-8 red chillies broken into pieces
Salt to taste
5 tsp oil
- Wash and soak lobhiya in enough water for 5-6 hrs and pressure cook with 2 cups water for 4-5 whistles
- Transfer it in a vessel,add salt to taste,slit green chillies and make it boil for 5- 10 mins
- Once it is boiled,remove from the flame
- In a small pan take oil,add crushed garlic,red chillies broken and fry till garlic becomes brown colour
- Add this tempering to the cooked beans and mix well
- Serve hot with hot rice!!!