This is a typical Maharashtrian dish..Sprouts cooked in a spicy masala and topped with some farsan, chopped garlic..and served with pav (bread)..
1 cup spruoted moong
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 turmeric powder
5-6 curry leaves
2 green chillies
1 tsp goda masala or garam masala
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 corriander -cumin powder
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves for garnishing
1 cup farsan
2 tbsp butter
- Cook the sprouts with 3 cups of water and switch off the gas after 3 whistles
- In a pan take oil,add mustard.curry leaves,turmeric powder
- When the mustard splutters add slit green chillies ,red chilli powder ,corriander -cumin powder,goda masala and fry for 2 minutes
- Add cooked sprouts ,salt and 1 cup water
- Slightly mash the sprouts with the laddle to make the gravy little thick
- Boil the gravy for 5-8 minutes
Pour a ladleful of gravy in a serving bowl and sprinkle generously farsan over it.
Sprinkle some chopped onion corriander leaves and lime juice according to your taste .
Serve with pav roasted with little butter