Spicy Garlic Mushrooms
2 cups button mushrooms washed and sliced or cut into halves
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
1-2 tblsp oil or butter
1/2 cup capsicum cut into cubes
Chopped coriander leaves
For the garlic sauce or paste:
6-7 dry red chillies (less spicy variety)
5 garlic cloves
2 tsp vinegar
1 onion chopped and roasted in oil till light brown (I have used this to reduce the spicinesse. This is optional)
Pinch of sugar
1/4 tsp red chilli powder (for the colour)
Deseed the red chillies and grind with other ingredients, adding 2-3 tblsp water. Make a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
- Now add the garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 5 mins
- Make sure the raw smell of garlic has gone completely
- Add chopped mushrooms,chopped capsicum fry for 3 mins, till the masala is blemded well with mushrooms
- Cover and cook until the mushrooms are done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot as a starter or with fried rice, ghee rice or roti.
- You can also try this with baby potatoes or paneer. And even with prawns or chicken.