Korean Fried Chicken
10 number chicken wings or drumstick pieces
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed pepper
1 inch crushed ginger
1/2Take cornflour in a bowl cup corn starch / flour
Oil for deep frying
FOR THE SAUCE YOU NEED:
3 tsp oil
6 garlic cloves finely chopped
3 red chillies cut into bits
1 tsp vinegar
3 tsp soya sauce
2 tsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp sesame seeds
- Wash the chicken pieces well and drain water completely.
- Add salt, crushed ginger and pepper , mix properly and keep covered for 10 minutes
- Take corn flour in a bowl, roll each chicken oiece in it and press tightly with your hands. dust out the extra flour from the chicken pieces.
- Keep it aside. Heat oil and deep fry all the pieces in batches on a medium flame.
- To get extra crispiness you can fry the chicken twice.
- Put the fried pieces on an absorbant paper.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and keep aside.
- To make the sauce you heat one pan, put oil, add chopped garlic and fry for 2 minutes
- Add dry red chilli bits, saute for a second
- Now add soya sauce, ketchup,vinegar,sugar, salt to taste and give a good mix.
- Add fried chicken pieces and toss well, so that all the pieces are well coated with sauce.
- Garnish with the roasted sesame seeds and serve hot .