Ghee roast masala paste
FOR THE MASALA PASTE:
20 byadgi / Kashmiri red chillies
1 tsp coriander seeds / dhaniya
1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
4-5 pepper corns / kaali mirch
3-4 fenugreek seeds/ methi
6 garlic cloves
Small gooseberry size tamarind
Salt to taste
- Deseed the red chillies and soak in water for 20 minutes.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Grind all the ingredients adding little water and make a fine paste.
- In a pan heat 6-7 tsp ghee, add 3/4 cup ground masala paste and fry on a low flame till it changes the clour and leaves the ghee .
- Once the paste is ready, let it cool completely. Store it in an airtight container and keep in the freezer.
- To make ghee roast marinate the prawns or paneer with curds, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 20 mins.
- Heat a pan put the marinated prawns,cook for 5 mins,add masala paste as per your taste and cook further for 5-10 minutes
- If you are making paneer ghee roast, marinate paneer cubes with curds, salt and turmeric powder, keep aside for 20 minutes
- Heat a pan put marinated paneer ,masala paste as per taste and cook for 10 minutes and your ghee roast is ready to use.
- Enjoy with neer dosa or ghee rice.