This particular recipe belongs to my FB friend Preeti Shenoy !! Thanku Preeti !!
1 medium sized bittergourd/ karela
2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard
2-3 slit green chillies
1/2 inch chopped ginger
1/2 tsp turmeric pdr
Salt to taste
Tamarind pulp to taste
Jaggery to taste
- Wash and cut the karelainto 1 inch thin pieces and apply salt ,keep for half an hour
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard,when it starts crackling add curry leaves,green chillies,ginger chopped and fry for 5 mins
- Squeeze the bittergoud and add to the tempering and roast on a low flame for some time
- Add tamarind pulp,turmeric pdr,and sufficient jaggery to taste and mix well
- Cook until the karela cooks and the dish becomes semi thick
- Serve with hotrice and dal !!