1 cup rice flour
1/4 cup powdered putani/ roasted gram dal/ hurigadale
1/4 cup besan
1 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
1/2 tsp hing/ asafoetida
2-3 tsp butter
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- In a bowl take rice flour,putani powder,besan ,salt,hing and jeera
- Mix well,add butter and water as required .Knead into a soft dough.
- Heat oil ,put the dough in the mould and make murukku directly in the hot oil
- Fry on a medium flame until it turns crisp and golden colour
- Put the fried murukku on tissue paper , store in an airtight container once it comes to room temperature.
- Enjoy with hot chai or coffee.