Gur ka Gajak
Gajak is a very popular Rajastani sweet. A dry sweet made of sesame seeds/ til or peanuts and jaggery.
1 cup sesame seeds / til
3/4 cup sticky jaggery
1 tblsp ghee + 1 tsp for greasing the tray
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Grease one tray or plate with one tsp ghee and keep aside
- Roast sesame seeds in a pan on a low flame till they turn light brown
- Let it cool . Grind the sesame seeds in the mixer and make a coarse powder. Keep aside
- Melt the jaggery over a low flame adding little water.
- Once the jaggery syrup becomes thick, add sesame pdr , cardamom pdr and mix gently for 2-3 mins or till it becomes a mass
- Pous it on the greased tray and level it with a flat spatula
- Make cuts on it while it is still warm
- Once it is cooled down separate the pieces and store them in an airtight container