Fish Tava Rava Fry
5 sliced king fish / surmai / anjal / visonu
1/2 cup chiroti rava
Coconut Oil for cooking fish (or any other refined oil )
FOR THE RED CHILLI PASTE YOU NEED:
15 byadgi red chillies
chanadal size hing / asafoetida
Salt to taste
Grind the above ingredients into a smooth, thick paste, adding little water
- Wash and clean the fish slices,,apply 1 tsp salt and keep aside
- Add 3 tsp corn flour and one tsp lemon juice to the ground chilli paste and mix well
- Marinate the fish slices with the paste according to your taste and keep in the fridge.
- Heat tava , roll the marinated fish slices in rava and cook adding oil on a medium flame
- Cook both the sides till it becomes crisp and the fish is cooked well
- Serve hot with steamed rice and dal.
- You can store the leftover chilli paste in the freezer