Mixed Dal Paper Dosa
1.5 cups urad dal / black gram dal
1/4 cup chana dal / Bengal gram dal
!/4 cup moong dal /Green gram dal
!/4 cup toovar dal / Pigeon peas dal
4 cups dosa rice / raw rice
3 tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
1/4 cup poha / avalakki / beaten rice
1 cup rice powder
2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Oil for nfrying dosa
- Take rice,dals, methi seeds in a bowl, wash well and soak in plenty of water for 4-5 hrs
- Drain off the water. Wash poha and grind with soaked dal, rice mixture.
- Batter should be thick in texture.Remove it in a vessel and top it with sugar and salt, don't mix.
- Leave it to ferment overnight or 8 to 10 hrs.
- Take rice powder in a bowl , add in 4-5 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and keep it along with the ground batter to ferment .
- Next morning the rice flour is softened and settled at the bottom, Gently tilt the vessel and drain off all the water that is on the top, we need only softened rice flourat the bottom,
- Now add in the rice flour to the rice and dal mixture, mix well until it is mixed properly.
- Heat tava grease with little oil, sprinkle little water and wipe with a tissue paper
- Spread a laddle full dosa batter and make a thin dosa, smear with ghee or oil
- Cok dosa on a medim flame till it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot dosa with chutney , sambar or potato bhaji !!!