Bhindi Puddi Sagle
25 lady's fingers/ bhindi / okra
5 - 6 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard
2 sprigs of curry leaves
Salt to taste
For the masala paste:
1 cup fresh coconut gratings
Roast 1 tsp coriander seeds, 4-5 methi seeds and 3-4 red chillies in half tsp oil
Grind the above ingredients with little water, make a semi coarse paste and keep aside.
- Wash bhindis,cut the ends and wipe with a kitchen towel.
- Cut into two lengthwise and again cut into 1 inch pieces
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan,put cut bhindis with little salt and cook it for 10 mins or till it becomes tender
- Remove it on a plate, add remaining oil in the same pan, put mustard, once it starts crackling, add curry leaves, saute for a while.
- Now add the masala paste and fry well for 5-10 mins, with salt to taste.
- Now it is time to add bhindi.
- Add cooked bhindi, toss well, so that bhindis are coated with the masala well.Cook for 5 mins and turn off the flame
- Serve hot with rice and dal., or with roti.