Prawn Stew ( Kerala style )
15 big prawns cleaned and deveined
5 tsp coconut oil or ghee
2 cloves / lavang
1/2 inch cinnamon / dalchini
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 medium sized onions finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
4 slit green chillies
1/2 tsp garam masala 1 tsp turmeric / haldi powder
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup thin coconut milk
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
Salt to taste
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan add cloves,cinnamon and curry leaves, saute for a second.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute, once they turn brown add chopped tomato, slit green chillies .
- Fry for a while , add ginger garlic paste .Once the tomatoes are cooked and start leaving oil,add garam masala and turmeric powder.Saute for a second, add prawns, salt to taste , thin coconut milk.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and let it boil.
- Once the prawns are cooked add thick coconut milk and bring it to boil.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot with steamed rice or ghee rice and enjoy !!