Butter Garlic Naan with Mushroom Masala
2 cups wheat flour / atta
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cooking soda
2 tblsp oil
1/2 cup yoghurt
Water to knead the dough
For the topping:
10 garlic petals finely chopped
2 tblsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp nogella seeds / kalonji (optional)
Butter to drizzle ontop
- Sift the flour in a bowl, add salt, sugar,cooking soda. Next add oil,yoghurt , mix well to incorporate everything into the flour.
- Now add water little by little and knead to a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside to rest for 30 minutes
- Mix chopped garlic and chopped coriander leaves
- After the resting period devide the dough into equal portions and make balls
- Dust each ball with some flour and roll into oval shape using a rolling pin.
- Make sure not to roll too thick nor too thin.
- On one side of the rolled naan sprinkle the mixture of garlic and coriander leaves, sprinkle little flour and roll slightly so that all garlic will stick to the naan
- Now turn the naan upside down and apply little water on the plain side so that it can stick on tava pan.
- Heat tava on a medium heat, place the watery side on tava and cook on a medium flame
- After some seconds bibble comes on suface of the naan, cook it for one minute
- Then turn tava upside down, and roast all the sides of the naan directly on flame till you get golden brown spots.
- Once it turns brown remove from the flaaaaame and apply butter on it.
- In case if your naan fails to stick on the tava you can directly put it on the flame and cook it like phulka using tongs, This also works !!
- Serve hot naan with the side dissh of your choice and enjoy !!!