Cheese Corn Balls
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESE BALLS:
2 boiled potatoes
1/2 cup corn kernels boiled
2 tblsp grated cheese + 3 tblsp
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp peri peri masala (or chaat masala )
Salt to taste
1/4 cup corn flour
2 tblsp maida
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Oil for deep frying
Mix corn flour, maida with water and make a thin slury.
- In a mixing bowl take boiled, mashed potatoes,corn kernels, 2 tblsp grated cheese,salt,corn flour, peri peri masala and red chilli powder
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well together to form a dough.
- If it is watery then add little more corn flour and mix.
- Devide the dough into portions, Flatten it keep half tsp of grated cheese in the center and close carefully and shape into balls.
- Dip the balls in corn flour maida slury, roll in the bread crumbs
- Freeze the balls for 20 mins, This helps to prevent cheese from oozing out while frying.
- After 20 mins, heat oil and deep fry balls on a medium flame, stirring occasionally ,till they turn brown and crisp.
- Remove and drain the balls on tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
- Serve immediately with ketchup and hot chai or coffee.