15 baby potatoes
3 tblsp corn flour
2 tblsp maida/ all purpose flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
Oil for deep frying
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE:
1 cup eggless mayonnaise
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Peri peri masala powder (optional)
1 tblsp finely chopped onion or 1 tsp onion powder
Mix these ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
3 tblsp finely chopped onions
2 tblsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Wash baby potatoes and boil in the cooker, with skin , until 75% done .(do not over cook the potatoes)
- Once they are done and cooled press them slightly between your palms,or using a potato masher.
- To make dipping batter, mix corn flour, maida,salt, oregano and crushed pepper in a bowl,add water and make thick paste
- Coat the potatoes with this paste and fry them on a medium flame until they turn crisp.
- Place the fried potatoes in a serving plate,pour cajun potato sauce over the potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves, serve hot !!!