2 cups dosa rice
1.5 cups poha/avalakki / Beaten rice
2 cups butter milk
1 tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
Pinch of cooking soda (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking dosa
- Wash dosa rice 3-4 times and discard all the water. Wash poha and discard the water
- Soak both rice and poha with methi seeds in buttermilk for 5-6 hrs
- Grind it into a smooth paste and let it ferment for 8-10 hrs or overnight.
- Next day Add salt and cooking soda to the batter, mix well.
- Heat tava and make thick dosa, drizzle a spoon of oil and cook with a lid covered, on a medium flame.
- No need to flip the dosa.Cook one side only.
- Once it is cooked serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar.