Corn Palak Rava Dhokla
1 cup rava / fine sooji / semolina
1/2 cup finely chopped palak / spinach
1/4 cup sweet corn kernels/ makai dana
3 green chillies finely chopped or crushed
1/2 inch ginger chopped or crushed
1/2 cup curd
3/4 cup water
Salt to taste
1 tsp ENO fruit salt
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
FOR THE TEMPERING:
1 tblsp oil
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
1 tsp white sesame seeds/ til
Pinch of hing / asafoetida
1 sprig of chopped curry leaves
2 chopped green chillies (optional)
- Put rava in a bowl , Add curd and mix.
- Add water, mix well and rest it for 25- 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, rava will absorb water and becomes soft.
- Add salt,chopped palak and sweet corn kernels
- Check the batter, if it is too thick add little water and bring to pouring consistency, like idli dosa batter.
- Heat the steame on high flame and grease one plate.
- Once the water in the steamer starts boiling, add fruit salt to the batter
- Once you add fruit salt batter will get bubbles and it will become fluffy.
- Pour the batter in the greased plate and spread lightly
- Sprinkle red chilli powder over the batter. Alternatively you can also use crushed pepper powder too.
- Steam cook dhokla on a high flame for 25 mins.
- After 25 mins insert one knife and check,if it comes clean it means dhokla is done.
- Turn off the flame and remove the dhokla from the steamer
- For the tempering, heat oil in a pan, put mustard, jeera, sesame seeds, curry leaves, hing in it and temper it for 2 mins
- Pour this temper over dhokla and your dhokla is ready to serve.