Missi Roti with Dahiwale Chole Palak
1 cup atta / whet flour
1/2 cup besan/ Bengal gram flour
1/2 tsp carom seeds / ajwain
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
4-5 pepper corns
3 finely chopped green chillies
1 chopped onion
Salt to taste
2 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder/ haldi
1 tblsp oil + for greasing
- Dry roast jeera,ajwain and pepper corns and pound them to a powder
- Put besan and atta in a bowl. Add chopped coriander leaves, onion,salt,turmeric powder,chopped green chillies and pounded spice powder, give a good mix
- Add one tblsp oil amd mix
- Add sufficient water and knead into a soft dough
- Cover and rest the dough for 15 mins. Devide it into portions and make balls
- Roll each balls into a roti. Heat tava and roast the rolled rotis with a little oil till both sides are well done.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter or any curry of your choice.
- Take a small bowl,put 3 tblsp curd,1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder,1/2 tsp any garam masala powder,2 tsp besan , mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add chopped onions and saute till it turns transparent
- add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes
- Add chopped palak with little salt and saute for 2-3 mins
- Now add the prepared curd mixture and fry for 5 mins or till the oil leaves the sides
- Add the boiled chana ,salt to taste and little water
- Let it boil for 5 mins, add kasuri methi and cook further for 2 mins
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot with roti, naaan or pooris.