Drumstick and Pumpkin Stir fry
2 cups yellow pumpkin /doodhi cut into chunks
2 drumsticks cut into 2 inch pieces
3 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard
1 sprig of curry leaves
3 slit green chillies
1/2 tsp asafoetida/ hing powder
Salt to taste
Jaggery to taste
3 tblsp fresh coconut gratings
- Wash pumpkin chunks . Remove the outer skin of the drumsticks and wash it.
- Heat oil. add mustard, let it crackle.
- Now add curry curry leaves , green chillies and hing, fry for e second.
- Add the veggies, salt and jaggery to taste and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame.
- Once the veggies are cooked, garnish with coconut gratings and turn off the flame.
- Serve with hot rice and rasam or dal.