Sweet and Savory buttermilk dosa (Surnali)
1 cup dosa rice
1 cup buttermilk or curds
1/2 tsp methi/ fenugreek seeds
1/2 cup coconut gratings
1/2 cup thin poha
1 tsp turmeric/ Haldi powder
3/4 cup jaggery or as per taste
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cooking soda
- Wash rice 2-3 times and drain all the water. Soak rice with methi seeds in buttermilk for 3-4 hours
- Before grinding wash Poha and drain the water. Grind washed Poha, coconut gratings with soaked rice
- Make a fine paste. Transfer the batter to a big bowl. Let it ferment for at least 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Next day before making the dosa add salt and cooking soda to the batter and make a thick dosa on a medium flame. No need to flip the dosa. This dosa is cooked only one side
- If you are making sweet dosa then, add powdered jaggery and a pinch of turmeric powder to the batter and make a thick dosa.
- Serve sweet dosa with fresh butter or ghee. Ad savory dosa with coconut chutney or any spicy curry.