Mint Veg. Pulav
The author of this wonderful rice recipe is my FB friend Tanushree Aich!! Thanku so much Tanu !!
1 cup basmati rice
5-6 tsp oil /ghee
2 sliced onions
whole garam masala like lavang,dalchini,shah jeera,pepper corns
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup chopped veggies like,cauliflower,green peas,mushrooms,carrot,beans,cubed potato,corn
Salt to taste
For the green paste:
Grind,1/4 cup coriander leaves
5 mint leaves.
2 green chillies.
- Wash and soak rice in hot water for 30 mins
- In cooker put oil ,add whole garam masalas,shah jeera
- When they splutter add sliced onions and brown them well
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till rawness goes
- Add chopped veggies,stir for about 5 mins, followed by the green paste
- Saute for a min, add the rice ,stir for about a min and add 1 1/4 cup warm water
- Add salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle on high and 12 mins on a low flame
- allow the pulav stand till the pressure is released and cooker opens
- Fluff the rice with a fork before it cools
- Serve hot with raita