Tuppa Dosa with Chutney
Tuppa Dosa is very popular in Mangalore. This is a little thick, spongy dosa prepared with urad dal,rice and maida mixture using only ghee.Tastes very nice with chutney and even with sugar.
2 cup dosa rice
1 cup urad dal
3/4 cup maida
1/2 tsp cooking soda
salt to taste
- Soak rice and dal in water for 5-6 hours
- Grind to a fine paste and add salt
- Keep the batter overnight
- Next day morning mix maida with water and make thick batter and add to dal,rice batter
- Add soda andsalt if needed
- Batter consistency should be little thick
- Make little thick dosa ,with ghee
- Serve with chutney or sugar.