This is a typical Konkani style pickle. You cant store this for a long time .This can be used for 2-3 months if refrigerated .
1 medium size raw mango
20 dry red chillies(byadgi)
1 cup water
3 tblsp salt
3 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp asafoetida/ hing
- Wash andwipe the mango and cut into small cubes
- In a vessel boil water and salt for 5 mins and cool it
- Grind red chillies,hing,mustard into a fine paste
- Use cooled salt water to grind the chillies
- Transfer the paste in a bowl and add the mango cubes
- If it is too thick then add boiled and cooled water only
- Put the pickle in a glass bottle and keep in the fridge after 4-5 days .