This is a typical Konkani dish prepared for breakfast ...Taushe Muddo or cucumber rice cake is steamed in Turmeric leaves .You can also steam it in banana leaves. Those who like sweet muddo can use jaggery too , it also tastes yummy!!
1 cup idli rava
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup grated cucumber
2 green chillies
Salt to taste
Turmeric leaf or banana leaf
- In a pan slightly roast the idli rava
- Grind coconut,salt and green chillies
- Peel and grate the cucumber (use the cucumber water to grind the coconut)
- Mix the ground coconut with rava,grated cucumber
- Wash and wipe the leaves and put a laddle full batter, and fold it
- Steam in a steamer or in cooker without whistle for 15- 20 mins
- Serve hot with butter or chutney!!