KASHI HALVA IS A YUMMY DESSERT PREPARED WITH ASHGOURD / KUMBALKAYI / KUVALE .THIS IS VERY POPULAR IN UDUPI AND MANGALORE !!
3 Cups grated ashgourd
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup ghee
little saffron colour
2 tsp cardamom pdr
Almonds,raisins and cashew nuts chopped and roasted in ghee
- Preesure cook the agrated ashgourd in cooker for 2 whistles with its water
- Transfer it in a kadai ,add sugar and cook till the excess water evaporates
- Add ghee and cook further till you get the halva consistency
- Add nuts,saffron colour and cardamom pdr and serve hot!!
- It will take around 1 hr to prepare this !!