This is a traditional Maharashtrian potato dish,goes well with roti or phulkas!! Got this recipe from my FB friend Vidya Shanbhag Thakur !!
2 Potatoes washed,peeled and cut into cubes or slices
2 finely chopped tomatoes
2 finely chopped onions
2 tblsp oil
1/4 tsp turmeric pdr
3 tsp kashmiri red chilli pdr
1/2 tsp garam masala (I used Misal masala pdr)
Salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Make a paste of :
5-6 garlic cloves
1/2 inch ginger
1 green chilli
3 sprigs of coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a cooker,add onions and saute till golden colour
- Add ground paste and fry till raw smell disappears
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till they become pulpy
- Add the spice powders and fry for a minute
- Add potatoes ,salt to taste and 1 cup water
- Close the lid of cooker and take 2 whistles
- Open the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- And your Rassa aloo is ready to serve with hot phulkas !!
- You can also prepare this in kadai instead of cooker !!