1/4 kg thondekayi/ gerkins/ tendle
5 tsp oil
4 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp mustard
Salt to taste
FOR THE MASALA PASTE:
Grind 3 tblsp fresh grated coconut with 1 tsp cumn seeds,1/2 tsp turmeric pdr,2 tsp sambar or rasam pdr,2 tblsp coriander leaves,4 garlic cloves,2 tsp roasted peanuts,1 tsp roasted sesame seeds,1 tsp roasted gurellu(niger seeds),lil tamarind and jaggery to taste (optional)
Make a semi coarse paste ,add 1 chopped onion and keep aside!!
- Wash and cut the ends of gerkins and slit both the ends
- In a pan heat oil,add mustard,curry leaves,once it crackles,put crushed garlic and fry till light brown in colour
- Put the gerkins and cook with a lid covered
- Once it is almost done add salt and the masala paste
- Add 1/2 cup water and adjust the consistency according to your taste
- Cook for another 5 mins,garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with rotis !!!