1 pav dosa rice/raw rice (approx 1.25 cup)
3 fistful /mushti boiled rice (Ukda chaval) (approx little less than half cup)
2 fistful / mushti urad dal (1/4 cup)
1/4 tsp cooking soda or ENO fruit salt (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
- Soak both rice and dal in water for 6-8 hrs ,wash well and grind into a smooth batter
- Keep over night for fermentation
- Next morning,add salt and water to adjust the consistency of batter
- Heat tava,put a laddle full of batter and spread lightly to make thick dosas
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame
- Serve hot with chutney !!
COCONUT CHUTNEY RECIPE:
Grind grated 1/2 cup coconut with 1 green chilli,1 red chilli,little tamarind,salt,and 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
Temper with mustard,curry leaves and hing!!