This is a very traditional Konkani dish prepared for Naivedya...Godu means sweet and phovu means poha/ beaten rice in konkani!!
1/2 cup jaggery
3/4 cup grated fresh coconut(use white part only)
1 cup poha/ avalakki/ beaten rice(adjust accordingly)
2 tblsp roasted til/sesame seeds (black or white)
2 tsp cardamom pdr
2 tsp ghee(optional)
- Take jaggery in a kadai,add ghee and 1/4 cup water and make it boil
- Once the jaggery melts and starts boiling ,and the syrup becomes lil thick add coconut gratings ,and cook for 5 mins
- Add sesame seeds and cardamom pdr and mix well
- This is the base of this dish called CHOORAN
- Once the chooran completely comes to room temperature add poha and mix well
- And your Godu phovu is ready to serve !!