250 gms bhindi/ lady's finger / okra
4 tblsp shallots
2 tsp coriander seeds / dhaniya seeds
1 tsp cumin / jeera
Salt to taste
7-8 dried red chillies
1/4 cup roasted and peeled peanuts
Garlic 5-6 cloves
6 tsp oil
- Wash the bhindis, trim it and cut them into 2 inch pieces
- Dry roast dhaniya,red chillies and jeera in a pan till fragrant
- Transfer it into a blender jar ,add roasted peants and garlic cloves and crush coarsely
- Heat oil in a non stick pan ,add shallots and saute for 2 mins,add the cut bhindis ,salt and mix well. Cover and cook.
- Cook them stirring occasionally , till done. Add the crushed masala and mix well
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.