Crispy Rice Murukku
1 cup rice flour
2 tblsp besan / chickpea flour
2 tblsp powdered putani / hurigadale / roasted gram
2 tsp butter
Salt to taste
Pinch of hing / asafoetida powder
1/2 tsp red chilli pdr
2 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
2 tsp white til / sesame seeds
Water as required to make dough
Oil for frying
- Take rice flour,besan,powdered roasted gram in a bowl, mix well
- Add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, salt, chilli pdr and give a nice mix again
- Now add butter, combine well
- Add water little by little and knead the flour mixture well till you have a soft dough.
- Based on the quality of rice flour you might need more or less water , so it is important to add water little by little and knead till a soft dough has formed.
- Heat oilin a kadai on a medium heat.
- Place a handfull of dough into the murukku mould and press it directly in the hot oil
- Fry on a medium flame, turning it constantly
- Once it becomes golden brown and crisp remove it on a tissue paper
- Store in an airtight container once it comes to room temperature.
- Enjoy with hot cup of coffee or tea.