Bicottis are an Italian biscuits that originated in the Tuscan city of Prato.They are twice baked , oblong shaped,crunchy, dry and may be dipped in coffee and tea.
1 cup all purpose flour / maida (150 gms)
5 tblsp sugar (62.5 gms)
5 tblsp butter (70.94 gms)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cooking soda
2 tblsp chopped almonds (10 gms)
1-2 tblsp milk (30 gms)
- Seive maida with baking powder and cooking soda and keep aside
- Take butter,sugar in a bowl and whisk till sugar dissolves and it turns creamy and smooth.
- Now add vanilla essence and dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine till it forms sticky dough.
- Add in chopped almonds and milk and combine well.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, take the dough out of fridge . Dust your hands with flour and shape the dough into a long log . (5 cm wide)
- Place the log directly on a greased baking tray and bake it for 15- 20 mins at 180 degrees
- Bake till it forms a golden crust on top
- Remove it and let it cool for 10 mins. Once it is cool cut into half inch thick biscuits.
- Keep the cut biscuits on the baking tray and bake again for 10 mins.
- Store the biscottis in an airtight container and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea.