Mug Dhokla in Micro Wave
1 cup besan / chickpea flour
1/2 cup curd
1 green chilli finely chopped
1/2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tblsp sugar
1/2 tsp turmeric / haldi powder
1 tblsp oil
Salt to taste
1/4 cup water
2 tsp ENO fruit salt
Chopped coriander leaves
2 tblsp fresh coconut gratings
FOR THE TADKA:
2 tblsp oil
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 finely chopped green chilli
2 tblsp sugar
4 tblsp water
- Put besan,salt sugar turmeric powder,chopped chilli, ginger,in a bowl , mix well.
- Add curds,oil,water and whisk well untill all the ingredients are combined well.
- Grease one big Micrwave bowl and keep ready.
- Add ENO fruit salt to the batter and mix gently
- Pour the batter in the MW safe mug till 3/4 of the mug.
- Micro it for 2.5 to 3 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard, when it starts crackling add jeera, curry leaves,chopped green chilli and fry for 2 mins.
- Add sugar, water and mix well, turn off the flame.
- Once the sugar is disssolved pour the tadka on the prepared dhokla
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fresh coconut gratings.
- Serve hot with a cup of hot chai or coffee.