Tender Coconut Ice-Cream with Praline
Praline is a confectionery that is used as a toppings on ice-creams,cakes and pastries. It consists of sugar,nuts and butter or cream.
1/2 ltr full fat milk +1/4 cup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh cream
2 tblsp corn flour
2 tblsp milk powder
1 cup coconut malai
- Heat a thick bottomed pan, put half ltr milk ,sugar and let it boil for 15-20 mins on a low flame.Mix corn flour and milk powder in 1/4 cup warm milk , mix well and add it to the sugar and milk mixture.
- Stir it constantly on a low flame for 10 mins.
- Put the cream in a bowl and whip it with hand mixer till it turns smooth and creamy. (don't over whip it) (keep the empty bowl in the freezer for 10 mins)
- Reserve 1/4 cup coconut malai and chop finely,keep it aside.
- Blend the remaining malai and keep aside
- Once the boiled milk comes to room temperature mix,cream,malai to that mixture with hand mixer.
- Tranfer it into an alluminium or plastic container with lid and keep it in the freezer covered with a lid.
- After 8 hrs, once it is set ,put it in the blender and blend it ,add the chopped malai and mix .
- Keep it in the freezer again to set, You can blend it again to get the smooth texture.
- Serve chillled.
INGREDIENTS FOR PRALINE:
4 tblsp sugar
10- 12 cashew nuts or almonds (you can also use walnuts or pecans)
2 tblsp unsalted butter
- Roughly chop or crush the nuts. Grease one plate and keep ready or use butter paper or alluminium foil
- Take butter in a pan ,keep on a low flame.
- Add sugar when butter begins to melt.
- Mix sugar with butter and cook on a low flame
- Stir at intervals.No need to stir continuously.
- The mixture will begin to change its colour.
- When it becomes golden brown add the crushed nuts and turn off the flame
- Mix well and pour it on the greased plate or butter paper
- Let it harden and cool
- Once it is completely cool, break it into pieces and crush it into a coarse mixture
- Store it in an airtight container and use it as toppings on ice-creams, cakes or pastries and enjoy!!!