Goli Baje / Mangaluru Bajji
1/2 cup maida / all purpose flour
3 tsp rice flour
1/3 cup curds or buttermilk
3 green chillies crushed or finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger grated
1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
2 sprigs of curry leaves chopped
2 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp cooking soda
Oil for frying
- In a bowl put maida,rice flour,cooking soda,salt, sugar, mix well
- Add chopped coriander leaves,curry leaves,ginger and chillies chopped
- Mix well Making sure evrything is well combined. Add curds and mix well with your hands in one direction.
- Beat the batter well making sure that everything is well combined.
- Cover and keep aside for 2-3 hrs. After 3 hrs, beat the batter again with your hands.
- Heat oil, dip your hand in water and pinch a small ball sized batter.
- Drop it in hot oil and fry on a medium flame.
- Keep stiring and fry uniformly on a medium flame.
- Once it turns goden brown and crisp drain off them on a tissue paper.
- Enjoy hot goli baje with coconut chutney and hot coffee or tea.