Kodubale (Bengaluru style)
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup chiroti rava / fine semolina
Pinch of hing / asafoetida
1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
Salt to taste
3-4 tsp hot oil
Oil for deep frying
Ingredients to be ground:
1/2 cup dry coconut gratings
5 dry red chillies
10 curry leaves
Make slightly coarse powder without water and keep aside
- Put rice flour,rava,salt.hing,jeera and ground mixture in a bowl and mix well
- Add hot oil, mix and adding water little by little make a soft but stiff dough.
- Don't make it too soft, because if it is aoft kodubale will not be crispy. It should be soft enough to make rings.
- Now take a small gooseberry size dough and using your palms roll it on a palte, bring the edges together, seal it and make rings.
- Like this finish batch of kodubales.
- Heat the oil in a pan, drop the prepared kodubales.
- Reduce the flame once you have finished dropping kodubales in the oil.
- Fry on a low flame ,till they turn crispy and brown in colour.
- Transfer the fried rings on a tissue paper , stor in an airtight container once it comes to room temperature.
- Enjoy with hot coffee or tea.