Leftover rice idiyappam
1 cup leftover rice
1/4 cup rice flour (approximately)
Salt to taste
Chakli mould to press
- Grind the cooked rice and make a fine paste, transfer it in a bowl and add sal,rice flour and make a soft dough
- Grease the idiyappam maker/ chakli mould and idli stand
- Heat the steamer with water in it
- Put the dough in the greased idiyappam maker /chakli mould and start pressing on to the each mould of the idli maker
- Place the idli stand inside the steamer and close the lid
- Steam for 10 mins, and turn off the flame.
- Immediately remove the stand from the steamer and let it cool
- Serve idiyappam with any side dish of your choice.