1/2 cup paneer cut into cubes
1/2 cup makhana / foxnuts/ lotus seeds
1/4 cup green peas/ matar (boiled)
5 tsp oil or ghee
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp daniya/ coriander powder
1/2 tsp jeera/ cumin powder
1/4 cup milk
Salt to taste
Pinch of sugar
Chopped coriander leaves
For the masala paste:
1 small roughly chopped onion
1 roughly chopped tomato
Boil the above ingredients in half cup water for 5 mins. Let it cool ,grind into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Roast makhana in one tsp ghee till it turns crisp.You can also deep fry it. Keep it aside.
- Make a paste of all spice powders adding 2-3 tblsp water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera,kasuri methi and saute for a second.
- Now add chopped onions and fry till they turn light brown, followed by paste of spice powders
- Saute for 2 mins,add the ground masala paste and saute well for 5 mins.
- Now it is the time to add paneer, boiled green peas, salt and sugar .
- Add milk and give a nice stir, so that all the ingredients are combined well.
- Let it boil for 5 mins, turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Add roasted makhana just before serving as it becomes soggy .
- Serve hot with roti, naan or any rice.