Egg Fried Rice
1 cup rice (uncooked)
6 tsp oil
1 finely chopped green chilli
5 finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 small carrot finely chopped
8 french beans finely chopped
2 tblsp finely chopped capsicum
2 tblsp finely chopped spring onion greens
Salt to taste
- Wash rice well, add 2 cups water,1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil and cook in the cooker for 3 whistles
- Once it is cooked, spread it on a plate and let it cool
- Break the eggs in a bowl and keep aside
- To be cooked on high flame. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic, ginger,green chilli and fry till it is lightly fried.
- Add chopped veggies and fry them till they wilt off. For about 2-3 mins.
- Reduce the flame to medium, make some space on the pan and pour the eggs and scramble them. Cook till they are lightly done.
- Sprinkle salt,crushed pepper. Add soya sauce, vinegar , combine everything well and cook till the eggs are fully cooked. Do not overcook.
- Now it is the time to add cooked rice. Add rice amd mix, if needed add little more oil.
- Cook on a high flame for 4-5 minutes, adjust salt and spices as needed.
- Turn off the flame, serve hot with any side dish of your choice .
- You can also use leftover cooked rice to make this.