Sugarcane and Pumpkin Stir fry (Dudde upkari)
2 cups yellow pumpkin cut into cubes
1/2 cup sugar cane pieces (remove the skin and cut into pieces)
2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustrad
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1/4 tsp Hing/ Asafoetida powder
2 slit green chillies
1 red chilli cut into bits
2-3 tblsp fresh coconut gratings
Salt to taste
Jaggery to taste
- Wash pumpkin cubes and sugarcane pieces
- Cook sugarcane pieces with little water and salt in cooker for 2-3 whistles, as it takes lot of time to cook
- Heat oil, add mustard. Once the mustard crackles, add curry leaves,green chillies,red chilli bits and hing.
- Saute for a second,add pumpkin cubes, boiled sugarcane pieces, salt and jaggery
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook with lid covered.
- Once it is done garnish with coconut gratings, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice and dal.