Urad dal and Rava Dosa
1 cup urad dal
1 cup bansi rava or upma rava
2-3 finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp hing/ asafoetida
1/2 inch ginger chopped (optional)
1/2 cup finely grated coconut
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking dosa
- Soak urad dal in water for 2-3 hrs. Wash well and grind into a smooth batter
- Add rava,salt,chopped green chillies,chopped ginger,hing
- Mix the batter well, add water to adjust the consistency of the batter
- Heat tava and make semi thick dosas
- Add oil and cook both the sides
- Serve hot with butter or chutney.
- No fermentation is required, You can make this dosa immediately once you grind this batter.