1/4 cup peanuts/ shenga beeja/ kadlekaayi
1/4 cup Chana dal / Kadle bele
1/4 cup urad dal / uddina bele
1/4 cup dry coconut / ona kobbari
1/4 cup curry leaves/ karibevu
5-6 garlic cloves /bellulli
2 tblsp white sesame seeds / bili yellu
5-6 dry red chillies / byadgi menasu
Gooseberry size tamarind
1 tblsp jaggery
1/2 tsp turmeric powder / haldi
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Firstly chop dry coconut . Peel garlic cloves and keep aside.
- Dry roast peanuts, chana dal,urad dal,chopped dry coconut,curry leaves, garlic cloves,sesame seeds and dry red chillies separately one by one.
- Let it cool . Add all the other ingredients and put in a blender
- make fine powder and store in an airtight jar once it comes to room temperature.
- Serve with hot dosa , idli or chapathi topped with ghee or coconut oil.
- You can also have this with hot rice topped with fresh ghee.