Garlic Pull Apart Rolls
FOR THE BREAD:
1.5 cups all purpose flour / maida
1/2 cup luke warm water
2 tblsp milk (vegan can substitute with coconut milk)
1/2 tblsp active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tblsp sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
4-5 tsp unsalted butter
2 tblsp finely grated garlic
A handfull of chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tblsp milk for brushing
- Firstly activate the yeast in a bowl by dissolving it in lukewarm water and sugar. If you are using instant yeast skip this step.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and set aside for 10 minutes. Once the yeast is proofed (it turns foamy and rises up), add to flour, salt and milk. knead well until smooth.
- Roll into a tight ball, cover bowl with cling film and let it rise in a warm spotuntil doubled in size.
- Punch out the air , knead for a minute and devide the dough into two pieces
- Mix softened butter, garlic and chopped coriander leaves. Set aside.
- Grease an eight inch loaf tin with oil or butter. Set aside
- Roll each half into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread half the garlic butter onto the dough
- Roll as tightly as you can, and cut into four equal pieces. Place into the greased loaf tin.
- Repeat with the other dough half. You should now have 8 rolls in the tin
- Cover the tin with cling wrap and let it rise in a warm spot until it reaches the edges of the tin and all the spaces between the rolls are filled in.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degees c/ 350 F. Brush the tops of the rolls with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake the rolls for 30 minutes until the tops are golden brown
- Cool slightly in the timon a wire rack, then turn out of the pan. Serve warm.
- Store at room temperature in the loaf tin covered tightly with foil for up to 3 days.